Changes for 2019 approved to date:
The Ball/Kerr canning contest has been discontinued by the company. We thank them for providing the contest winners coupons for free products for so many years!
– Swine will be market swine only
– Livestock in my noon on Thursday, before the fair begins
– Weigh-in Wednesday from 6-9. Also at this time will have a drawing for auction order. Grand Champions and Reserve Champions will be moved into 1st and 2nd place for each specie after the shows.
– Sheep, goat and camelid shows beginning at 4PM on Thursday
– Friday market hogs at 9AM
– Beef Market Steers at *10:30AM, then beef youth show beginning with showmanship; open show
– Dairy show at *noon
– Auction: Friday at 5:30 p.m.
– Theme for 2019 Fair will be “SEA EWE AT THE FAIR”
*exact time may vary by up to an hour, check back nearer the fair.
LIVESTOCK EXHIBITORS including, CATTLE, SHEEP, GOAT, HOG, ALPACAS, LLAMAS, HORSE, POULTRY and RABBIT have a mandatory $7 youth, $10 adult entry fee due with registration, which entitles the exhibitor to a special livestock exhibitor 4 day admission wrist band. These are only available from the fair office upon registering, and only to the person registering livestock. Arrangements will be made to get them to you if you register on-line or mail in your registration, upon receipt of payment.
Link to online registration
Who will be the Exhibitor of the Year in 2018 (for still exhibits)?
Rules: The exhibitor with the most blue ribbons received in four or more categories (Culinary Arts, Needlework, Fine Arts, Folk Arts, Photography, Agriculture, Floriculture or Horticulture) will receive the award. No one can receive the award more than two years in a row. The Winner gets a silver plate and $50.
The deadline to pre-register junior market livestock for
BEEF STEERS is February 15th. Market Steer Showmanship Guide
MARKET HOGS is May 15 Market Swine Showmanship Guide
MARKET LAMBS is June 1st Market Lamb Showmanship Guide
Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development Livestock Rules for Exhibitions
Exhibitors: It is your responsibility to know the rules before bringing animals to the fair.
2018 Buyer’s Brochure Outside
2018 Livestock Brochure Inside